Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
maduromadness
Banned

Which one would you Choose to Solve the Cigar Overflow Probl

I am in need of an overflow humidor. I was searching online and I found 3 different vendors where I can purchase a 25-50 count humidor between $19.95 and $21.99. I really don't know from which one of the 3 distributors to get the humidor from because I also need to purchase a few extra items which will be needed together with the humidor in order for the humidor to work properly.

This is my dilemma:

With the humidor that I want, I will also be needing a digital hygrometer and a 2 ounce jar of the Humi-Care crystal humidification gel. Most places which sell the digital hygrometer are asking anywhere from $19.99 to $25.00 for the hygrometer alone. And the 2 ounce Humi-Care Humidification Gel will cost another $1.99 to $9.99 depending from who I purchase it from.

Currently, I found an online distributor who sells a brand new 25 count "Executive" desk Humidor which is made from Bubinga Veneer for $39.99. The $39.99 price also includes a digital hygrometer which is called the "Western Caliber III" and a "Western Torpedo Advanced Humidification Device". The humidification device is "torpedo shaped". I don't know how reliable a torpedo shaped humidification device is when compared to the standard round shaped one? Maybe someone in here can tell me.
Anyways, the cost for the entire package for the 25 count humidor, the digital hygrometer and the torpedo shaped humidification device is only $39.99+ shipping. This same distributor also sells 2 ounce jars of humidification gel called "Ci-Gel Advanced Humidification" for only $1.99 each.
I figure that if I purchase the humidor from this distributor together with the digital hygrometer and with the humidifier and with either 1 or 2 jars of the humidification gel that my total cost for everything will be either $41.98 or $43.97+ shipping costs.

If I purchase all of these same exact items from any of the other 2 distributors, my total cost for the same items will be $48.85 and $56.98+ shipping.

I've found a "Capri" humidor "without" the digital hygrometer for $21.99 thru 2 other different distributors, but I would have to spend an extra $19.95 to $25.00 for a digital hygrometer if I decide to purchase from them. Also, the Humi-Gel humidification crystals will cost either $6.95 or $9.99, depending on which of the 2 distributors that I purchase from.
I would like to know from everyone in here which distributor that they think is the best choice to buy from? Should I only get the $21.99 humidor and NOT get the digital hygrometer? I don't have an extra digital hygrometer laying around. And I don't have any of the humidification gel? Do I really need the digital hygrometer and the humidification gel crystals? Or should I only spend $21.99 only for the Capri humidor? I wish that I could only spend $21.99 just for the humidor and avoid the digital hygrometer and the humidification gel.
I don't know what to do? I don't want to spend a lot of money for stuff that I don't need.
Please help me decide which is the cheapest way to do this.
maduromadness is offline   Reply With Quote