Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Imperius*Rex

last nights smokes (RYJ & Acid)

Romeo Y Julieta Exhibicion No. 3...Great burn and good medium draw (seemed like it burned a bit fast initially), ash a bit soft and due to wind 1/2 way in I lost too much ash and had to coax back to life with a bit of help from my torch. Overall it was very creamy and seems like some hazelnut? Not much spice at all and somewhat of an espresso finish. Mild/Medium feeling from my limited experience. Good to the last puff.

For info, it was a 6x50, Cameroon wrapper with Dominican binder & filler.
I paired it with a cup of fresh ground Kona Joe's trellis reserve with just a bit of heavy cream. This was my first time pairing with coffee and I liked it quite a bit.

Also, my lady wanted to join me and selected the Acid Blondie. I had a few puffs and my verdict is lots of smoke, over sweet tip, way to open of on the draw and I can only say that this is what smoking a bundle of incense sticks would feel like. Very floral and perfumy but as she got to the end it seemed to bring out more tobacco flavors. She disliked it almost as much as I did and is going to have me get her some more of the java lattes that seem to be her favorite sofar.