Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
Spectre
Club Member

Modern Punk rock is indeed, a farse

Ok, so after my day at the Van's Warped Tour yesterday I've come to the conclusion that punk rock is infact dead.

That shit was so commercial and watered down that I expected Britney Spears to walk out on stage at any moment.

The audience was almost all under the age of 18 or over the age of 40. The bands songs were more about "omg my heart is broken" or "i'm gonna cut myself and let the pain bleed out" than it was about "topple the government!" or "corporations are evil!" I think I only heard 1 band spouting pointless nonsense about how evil Bush is the entire time I was there.

And every band was sponsored by a hundred companies, there were vendors walking around selling $4 bottled water, passing out free condom samples, free breath mind samples, free stickers, selling t-shirts with huge corporate lables on them, etc.

Seriously, I think if any real punk rock stable went to this concert they'd either start throwing up or throwing hand grenades.

It was disgusting. Maybe I'm just nestalgic (sp?) for an age that I wasn't part of

http://www.myspace.com/ffspectre
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote