Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2002, 08:18 AM   #1
tmdeguy
Club Member

I'd like to publicly recognize Vern Ham for going out of his way to help me on a couple of issues. I recently tranferred from Fort Gordon, GA to Yongsan, Korea. A month or so before I left, I asked Vern for some advice on how to repair a crappy humidor (my first) that holds a great deal of sentimental value for me. Vern graciously offerred to repair it at cost. I received it back in a couple of weeks completely relined in spanish cedar along with a brand new Climmax Premier Thin Humidifier. The rebuilt humidor is a work of art and now holds a rock steady 70% humidity. I also asked his advice on preparing my other 8 humidors and 4 cooladors (all stuffed to the max; approximately 2000 sticks total)for overseas shipment. Fortunately, I'd participated earlier in the Climmax Bead Group Buy and also took advantage of Vern's generous bonus offer of 4 custom made containers for my beads. I followed his advice and replaced all my existing credos with homemade Climmax humidifiers. I'm pleased to report that my cigars arrived in perfect shape after more than a month in transit. Humidity in all of my humidors and cooladors ranged from 65% to 68%! To be perfectly honest, I was a bit skeptical about Climmax beads but now swear by them. I'd like to point out that Vern did all this for me in spite of the fact that he was in the midst of acquiring ownership of Climmax. Vern is one helluva guy!!!

Fire Up Another One!
tmdeguy is offline   Reply With Quote