Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2003, 04:53 AM   #19
Rayment

Pelican Cases make a wide variety of airtight cases for shipping sensitive electronic equipment safe and dry. They come in quite a range of sizes.

For about 20 bucks, I picked up a Pelican 1060 MicroSeries case in my local camera shop. These can come with our without foam blocks, I selected withoug. It is clear hard plastic with a blue trim, has a rubber airtight seal with two snap latches to securely close it and is roughly 10 inches long by 2.25 inches deep, by about 4.5 inches wide. Depending on cigar sizes, It will hold between 10 and 20. I put some cedar sheets in the bottom and top and one inbetween cigar layers. Ocassionally, I'll slip a foam insert inside that I cut from one of my 30 count Sherman foam trays which is just too big for most of my traveling business trips. It has an automatic vent hole on the front to prevent airlock.

For, humidification, I usually don't worry as the case is airtight and for the, at most, week long trips I take I figure that opening and closing won't make much difference. I do have a very slim black digital hygrometer/thermometer I slip into it to keep an eye on the humidity and temp.

These cases come in other sizes and can easily be modified to fit individual needs and desires.
Rayment is offline   Reply With Quote