Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Help Area > Problems, Questions and Suggestions

Problems, Questions and Suggestions If you run into a problem, please post it here. Also check here for a list of known problems. If you have an idea for improving Cigar Weekly, we'd like to hear it!

Old 05-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Talking Points Repository

Would it be useful to have a repository of all of the (for lack of a better term) talking points to counter the anti-smoking crowd? Especially the stuff about ETS, tobacco and health, etc...
I noticed in another thread that some of our members have hopped into the comments section of an article and are really holding their own. I can't recall that information from memory, but it would be nice to have a reachback.

Cheers,
Dave
DCarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

That's a GREAT idea.
If nothing else, we can put it as a sticky in the Smokin Post.
We DO have a section on the magazine side of the site in "Resources" called Cigars and Health But that hasn't been updated in a while. I've been trying to update it, but I'm really not comfortable with the software in that portion of the site, just yet.

Elkie has played with it, some, but I'd really need some tutorials. But that'd be a good place to start to get some links. We'll have to PM tonycsmoke and bigjohn to see if they have links to reports and talking points we can put on the thread in SP.

David, will you help me spearhead this and approach those members who seem to have a good feel for this information?

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Can do.

I took a look at the cigars and health section--it's mostly links to articles, and is for the most part unorganized. It's all good info, but to "harvest" it on the fly would be hard.

Should I make a post in the Smokin' Post or just PM guys individually?
Old 05-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Is it too much to ask you to do both.

Getting the static content over on the magazine side in any kind of shape is without a doubt a work in progress. The software in that area and publishing new is beyond my capabilities, yet.

And to be blunt, if I don't do it, among my colleagues, it's not going to get done. If you notice the Reviews section is only complete back into 1999. I have 1998 and 1997 to get to, yet. But that's in an area where I can understand the software and the template, like for posting CW News, Cigarticles, Reveiw, etc.

It's much different in the rest of the static portion of the site.

Thanks for the help David.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Not at all...it may be a slow process. especially through the PM Process. Will make a post shortly.

BTW, you're doing a great job around here.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #6
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Posted.