Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2004, 09:24 AM   #1
silent_bob

What do you drink with yours?

Hello there, I'm fairly new to this and have only really been into smoking decent cigars for about a month or so. To go into a little more detail, I'm in my mid forties and have smoked many a cigar over the years, but with little regard to their quality. I tended to smoke them in the pub or after a meal in a restuarant. I went to London just over a month ago and found one of those old fashioned tobacco shops, you know the kind, lots of jars of tobacco and box after box of cigars - mainly Cuban. I was seduced by the heavenly smell. Before I could stop myself I'd spent £60 on 6 Cuban smokes and my mind turned to something liquid to accompany them.
Now my cigar smoking friends all have their favorite drinks to go with their smokes and the most popular seem to be Cognac, Whisky and / or Port. I like all of these, but made a surprise discovery the other morning; I'd spent a couple of hours digging in my garden and decided a break was in order. I made a mug of tea and lit an Upmann Corona junior. Wow, the tannin in the tea really married well with the cigar, I made another mug, and as the cigar reached the final third the tea was still doing its job. I tried this again today and it wasn't a fluke, it still tasted great.
I used a brand of tea called Yorkshire tea - it is rather stronger than normal breakfast tea.
What I need to work on now is some kind of booze to mix in with the tea. Any suggestions?
silent_bob is offline   Reply With Quote