Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2002, 10:29 AM   #1
CastlemanCigars
Club Member

With my last order from www.MrBundles.com Mike was kind enough to let me sample two of his new cigars - the Maduro Honduran and the Flor de Gonzales (spelling wrong) Selection here are my thoughts:

MADURO HONDURAN
The wrapper and construction are a work of art on this cigar! The H2000 wrapper is so dark that is could pass for oscuro and both samples were flawless in construction.

As soon as I lit the cigar the flavor came out of it. Both started off like firecrackers and after an inch mellowed out to a good meduim bodied cigar. The burn was outstanding and didn't need to be touched up on either cigar. I have been looking for a good inexpensive maduro cigar and I have found it!
4 out of 5

FLOR DE GONZALES SELECTION
This is a boxpressed oscuro wrapper boxed line Mikey sells. From the time I lit it to the time I put it down the flavor was strong and solid but not overpowering.

The burn was good, not as great as the honduran but just as good as other boxed lines. The construction was great and overall I was impressed.
3.5 out of 5.

Both of these lines are mid $20 to low $30 range and outstanding values in my book. Gotta go place another order now ... damn you Mikey!!!
CastlemanCigars is offline   Reply With Quote