Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2005, 12:41 PM   #1
GeorgeP922
Starting Member

Best way to use beads in your Cooler?

Currently I have a disposable Glad Tupperware thing, sized for a side dish for your lunch.

Anyways I put almost a half pound in there and it just sits on top of a box in the center, about 6 inches down from the top.

It seems ineficient. the container has about 1.5" of beads. For the first 2 weeks the humidity was 76% (70% beads)

it seemed they were not working, there are still white beads ?!?!? I also put a old style humidifer that came with my 250Stick Humdidor, with 100% distilled H20 added to the credo. still the beads stayed white?

anyways, Baltmore is one of the most humid places in america north of the south.

I would bet my bedroom is 80% RH during the summer and now 60%.
------------
So what do you think is the best way to distribuite beads in my humidor?

I am thinking of buying lots of tubes, and putting a tube in every box, I dont understand how the humid air will permeate the boxes, especially ones with glossy wood

I am also thinking of putting the 1 oz tubes at each corner of the cooler too.

Remember I have a square IGLOO "CUBE" 60 qt.

I am about to buy a 120 Qt Igloo long style

the 60 quart is 22$ and the 120 qt is 40$ respectivly

I also have an electron CIGAR OASIS, which I stupidly bought for my 250 stick humidor. I didnt know that where I live you fight to keep the humidity down 6 months of the year.

thanks for all input
GeorgeP922 is offline   Reply With Quote