Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2005, 05:58 PM   #1
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

Serious single malts...

Notwithstanding those truly esoteric rarities that give even an experienced lover of Scotch goosebumps, here is an 8-pack of single malts that have mightily impressed me over the last little while. Nothing cheap here, unfortunately. But if you find yourself with the necessary resources to indulge in one or more of these selections, you may wish to give it a go...

Balvenie Single Barrel 15 Year Old - Highlands
Startling clarity, with honey-sweet malt meeting spicy oak head-on. Best quality-to-price ratio in the Balvenie lineup.

Bowmore 17 Year Old - Islay
Exotic, sweet malt complexity warming to salt-sprinkled peat embers. The 25 Year Old is even better, but exorbitantly expensive.

Bruichladdich 15 Year Old - Islay
Brilliant fruit-like malt sweetness counterbalanced by the cleanest oak imaginable and salivating salt.

Glenfarclas 25 Year Old - Highlands
Layered malt complexity liberally imbued with Sherry cask sweetness. Uncompromising and relentless.

Highland Park 18 Year Old - Orkneys
Caressing combination of honeyed malt, heather, salt and gently warming peat. Has it all.

Lagavulin 12 Year Old Cask Strength - Islay
Waves of sweet peat cascading over bright, intense, fruit-laden malt and crisp oak. As pure a Lagavulin as there is. I like this one as it pours!

Laphroaig 10 Year Old Cask Strength - Islay
Edibly sweet malted barley and vanilla-laced oak rinsed in a shower of iodine and smoke. Very drinkable straight from the bottle.

Macallan 10 Year Old Cask Strength - Highlands
Sizzling Sherry cask malt spirit that comes on gangbusters. A dash of water sets this one on course nicely.

Any other favourites of your's out there?