Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2002, 07:40 PM   #1
Radar
Club Member

Ok Guys, I got my reviews from Smoke Mag today.
So, here's some more...

Cigar: Carlos Torano Exodus 1959-Dbl Corona

Aestheticd: Here's the Blue ribbon winner. A deep rich brown cigar thats slighty oiled & boxpressed. Score 4.7

Construction:
Finely constructed & firmly packed.
All samples had an earthy pre light aroma.
Solid light gray ash. Score 4.7

Flavor & Strength:
Solid Med bodied earth & spice flavors were throughout the entire stick. Consistent from start to finish. Score 4.7

General Comments:
All & all a highly impressive cigar suitable for all occasions.
Hope a box of these wont break the bank. Overall Score 4.7

Cigar: Bahia Trinidad-Pancho

Aesthetics:
A rough veiny wrapper full of tooth, though promising looking I would guess Cameroon?
Score 3.9

Construction:
Could have used another leaf or 2 in the roll. Became rather squishy after lighting.
Solid toothy white ash, with an easy draw.Score 3.8

Flavor & Strength:
Starts strong & spicy, but settles into Med-bodied with nutty cedar flavors. Almost a creamy texture. Score 4.2

General Comments:
Other then the slight construction problems this was an enjoyable smoke, which I would like to add to my humidor. Overall score 4.0

Cigar: Condial-Robusto

Aesthetics:
A rough straw colored cigar. Hardly a drop of oil on these sticks. Doesn't look tempting. Score 3.7

Construction:
All samples seemed a tad underfilled. Hardly any pre light aroma. The ash fell off rather quickly as the loose fill made the draw overly easy. Score 3.5

Flavor & Strength:
Ugh, harsh & grassy tasting. I thought it would improve as the cigar went on, Nope. Score 3.5

General Comments:
Well at least all the samples were consistent, at being subpar.
Not an enjoyable experience. Overall Score 3.6

Cigar: A Turrent-Robusto
Aesthetics:
A beautiful Oily chestnut colored cigar, Nice Caps. I would take this for an illegal. Score 4.9

Construction:
Perfectly Packed this cigar produced a solid dark grey ash which held on for almost half the stick. Nice aged tobacco aroma.Score 4.9

Flavor & Stength:
Here comes the flavor bomb
Chok full of complex flavors of wood & spices. Superb blend. Score 4.9

General comments:
The best of the samples. A fantastic cigar for after dinner with a nice drink. Overall score 4.9 (Damn, these things turned out to be Mexican).

Cigar: La Perla Habana Black Pearl-Gran Corona.

Aesthetics:
This jet black beauty is gleaming with oil & smiling with lots of teeth. Score 4.7

Construction:
Well crafted hands created these sticks. As they were all solid and had a nice easy draw creating a stiff dark toothy ash. score 4.7

Flavor & Stength:
This was a full bodied treat, w/ expresso like flavors that were robust & lingered for quite some time. Score 4.7

General Comments: A fantastic maduro cigar. Time to make room in the humidor. Overall 4.7

Cigar: The Cigar-Churchill

Aesthetics:
An oily cocoa churchill. It's got a few veins but packed w/ dark tobaccos. Looks good. Score 4.5

Construction:
Has a good heft in your hand, and is densly packed. Though had a slight draw problem with the samples. Good cedar pre light scent. Score 4.2

Flavor & Stength:
Rather spicy & med bodied. Though it seems to have a dry aftertaste. Blends of Cedar w/ hits of pepper throughout this cigar. Score 4.3

General Comments:
Overall it's a nice Cigar for later in the day. Depending on price & availability I would get some. Overall Score 4.4
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote