Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2002, 10:07 PM   #1
wileguile

this is my first real review here guys, so bear with me...

don carlos 1984:
this little bugger has been sitting in my humidor for years. when i took it out, entirely for the purpose of this review, i was very impressed by the construction. very neat, even, dark brown wrapper. the roll was tight, but not too tight. i anticipated the draw to be tighter because of this, and was presently surprised at the ease of draw and amount of smoke offered up. it smelled very earthy, pre light, and the wrapper was slightly oily, and the taste, of the clipped cap revealed strictly tobacco flavors. nothing chocolatey, or nutty, just good tobacco, aged for a long time. after the easy light, the room filled with a wonderful aroma, and lots of smoke. it burned evenly throughout, without the need of a relight, and the white ash showed lots of tooth, though the ash didn't hold up so well; it fell of frequently. the taste was maintained throughout, also, and only started to get hot during the last 3/4". an excellent smoke by any means. the draw was great, the flavors smooth, and not harsh at all, medium bodied, tastly little guy. this robusto lasted about an hour, burning slowly, and was a great afternoon relaxer.

hope this will do for you guys!