Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2002, 07:38 PM   #1
HBooker
Club Member

Indios Maxima Reserva
Puros Indios Maxima Reserve a Review by Hbooker
The Cigar I am reviewing is the Indios Maxima Reserva.
This one was the Media Corona

The wrapper was a smooth oily wrapper colored a mottled deep brown, I noticed a fine leaf vein. It felt solid in construction. It had a pre-light aroma of a rich and strong cigar similar to some ultra premiums I have sampled in the past. As I viewed the open end I noticed 3 types of distinct tobacco it contained. Construction – appearance it rates an A+This cigar simply looks like it will be a treat. I clipped the cigar and walked around the house enjoying a rather unique flavor through the pre light draw, the draw itself was not too labored, it was a medium draw.
When I toasted the end I was surprised to notice such a mild aroma that was unlike any other cigar I have toasted it was almost a delicate aroma - confusing considering this cigar smelled so strong. I started to worry where did that strong smell go?

When I lit it I was presented a rather smooth and Strong first few puffs. A rich and distinct pleasure and yes the Strong and robust flavor was certainly present.
The Ash on this Cigar Started at a stark almost white then changed to a light grey, it was solid also not dropping nor flaking. The smoke volume was pretty decent, it seemed that this cigar may do a bit better if kept at 65 to 68% humidity, as I keep my box at 70-70.
Overall I was presented with a rather unique rich smoke. There where tell tale signs of a few different flavors. A couple inches into this the smoke flavor began to change, and that was surprising as it was already strong the smoke mellowed, but didn't flatten like some other brands. At that point I settled back on my porch listening to the fountain on a spring evening and enjoyed it, while I smoked it my wife also tried it also. She said she wanted to try it because it had such a mild aroma, when she did try it she said wow that is rather robust for such a mild smell. It developed 1 minor burn issue, that required a short touch up then it burned flawlessly.

As it got to the finish nearing the end it was a truly robust and unique flavor. It truly was a multi dimensional treat. It wasn’t strictly peppery like other strong smokes. I nubbed this one and at that point I pretty much certainly felt this cigars impact. Not quite kicking my but but it did let me take notice I just had a real cigar.The memory flavor (after the smoke) that was quite enjoyable.

As I write this I am thinking about the IMR. I am glad I was able to sample this cigar I would gladly share one with my herfing buddies.
I have decided to add this cigar to my line-up, I submit my review for your inspection. As I am a lover of truly stronger smokes. If you have a chance to try these I would recommend that you do. Some folks would say they need a little Humidor time, but I was not dissatisfied at all.

Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a Tree
HBooker is offline   Reply With Quote