Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2003, 07:34 PM   #1
JayMonster

JayMonster vs. The mannish mystery pack

Note: I smoked both 'A' Cigars and took the notes from each and combined them. I took the scores and averaged it out.

Cigar 'A'

Appearance 17/20 - Not great looking sticks. Some obvious flaws (not dramatic but noticeable) in the wrapper. Rough veiny and rustic. I can only assume that this is a bundled cigar, and as such is a fair representation of a good cigar.

Construction 16/20 - Both cigars had construction problems, but each was slightly difference. The first one was (seemingly) underfilled and burned unevenly down one side. The other just started to unwrap itself. The draw was good (perhaps just slightly on the "too loose" side, but certainly acceptable. Head Clipped clean. Overall, I would have to say acceptable (but just barely).

Taste/Flavor 25/50 - If you like bitter taste with a metallic finsh this is the cigar for you. Definitely reminds me of the mr. bundles sungrown, but I certainly don't remember them being THIS bitter. One Cigar was poor but at momments almost hinted at tasting halfway decent. The other was pure dog rocket. How I managed to choke half of it down amazes me.

Overall - 5/10 - There is a reason not everybody likes to do blind taste tests. Fear of getting a cigar like this one is the reason.

Total - 64/100 - Here's looking towards 'B' and hoping it fares better. I gotsta know what this is so that I can avoid it at all costs.

- Sacha Guitry
JayMonster is offline   Reply With Quote