Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
The JD
Herf Meister

Berger & Argenti Clasico Belicoso

I won the Berger & Argenti contest and finally had a chance to smoke one of the sticks this past weekend. I spent time with a book, a beer, and a Berger & Argenti on Saturday on the patio in our backyard. Here's my review of the CLASICO Belicoso cigar.

The wrapper has a chocolate shade to it and the nose actually had a hint of sweetness to it. As I mentioned, I smoked this while reading a book so I was a bit distracted at first and it wasn't until about a half inch into the smoke that I realized how incredibly smooth it was. No harshness but it still maintained a classic tobacco taste. I'd say medium strength with classic Earth and leather tones as well as a rounded bit of sweetness to it, like natural sugar.

I really enjoyed the smoke and although it seemed mostly one demensional to me (I did pick up a stronger, spicier taste towards the end) that's actually what I really enjoyed. The consistent smooth tobacco taste, not to mention the flawless burn. I set it down to run in the house for another drink and didn't require a relight or touch up when I came back.

Unfortunately I don't know the price on these, so I can't say if "it's worth the buy" but if it's in the $4-$5 range, it could easily become my new favorite go-to smoke. If it's $6-$7 (Where I'd assume it is), I'd say it's definately worth the money to check it out. I couldn't see spending more than $8.00 on it... of course your state taxes and whatever else should come into consideration. I'm talking MSRP.

Thanks again to Al for the contest!

I had to borrow a camera, so the quality isn't the best.

Last edited by The JD; 08-09-2010 at 08:52 AM.
The JD is offline   Reply With Quote