Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #41
Renaissance Man
Owner Emeritus
Herf God

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.p.../article/7626/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basham and Luik
The truth about second-hand smoking is finally out.
Thanks to some unusual candour on the part of the anti-tobacco brigade in New York City, we now have official confirmation that banning smoking in public has absolutely nothing to do with protecting the health of non-smokers from second-hand smoke, but everything to do with stigmatising both smoking and smokers. Closer to home, new evidence from the National Health Service (NHS) shows that the public smoking ban in England has made absolutely no positive difference in smoking rates, despite claims made by its champions that it would.
Most interesting considering the proposal to ban lighting up in New York’s parks.....
My current rotation: Bolivars (RC, PC, BBF, CE and Corona JR), Punch Punch, El Original Claro Corona and Lancero, Davidoff Grand Cru #1, VR Famoso, Upmann #2, and R&J Churchill.
Renaissance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #42
Gamle-ged
Herf God

"There is no compelling evidence that second-hand smoke poses a health risk to anyone in open spaces like public parks and beaches, but that is beside the point. The new push seeks, first, to demonise smoking and, second, to exert a brazen paternalism in which it is made virtually impossible for smokers – for their own good, of course – to light up in any public space."

The dishonest "we KNOW what's best for you and we don't NEED your agreement" science is a power play, practised by those currently in charge, in this matter and in virtually all matters of controversial public policy...

"If you see yourself as a victim, you will be a victim. If you see yourself as successful, you will eventually be successful." (Roger Ailes)
Gamle-ged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #43
austin
Starting Member

Yes that is very true...smoking should be banned in the public places and also infront of the kids...this is very important...
Old 10-30-2009, 05:36 AM   #44
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin View Post
Yes that is very true...smoking should be banned in the public places and also infront of the kids...this is very important...
TROLL
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:44 AM   #45
spiny norman
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Email sent.....

I signed it "Austin".
Old 10-30-2009, 06:47 AM   #46
beevod
Herf God

I shall someday post the dirty looks I occasionally get when I smoke a Bolivar in Central Park -- Most often from a woman pushing a pram containing a particularly ugly toddler, to whom, if I'm feeling generous, I offer a puff.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:02 AM   #47
The JD
Herf Meister

The JD is offline   Reply With Quote