Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

Cigarnival 2015

So tickets went on sale today at noon (actually a little before noon) for Cigarnival in Easton, PA. Me and a buddy were sucessful in getting tickets! And I reserved a room at the Hampton Inn that the Cigarnival website recommends. Yehaa!

I was told tickets sells last several days.

Anyone ever been?

http://www.cigarexpo.net/

--Dan
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #2
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

never been, it is affiliated with Famous I think, thought about going but cannot rationalize more than one cigar trip per year.

hope you have a great time

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:40 AM   #3
Wankel
Herf God

Not of the same scope as CigarFest, a pal of mine went and he liked it.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:40 AM   #4
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I think the smaller scope is a good thing

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
Old 02-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #5
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Seems kind of expensive. Yes, you are getting 75 cigars (quality unknown), buffet meals, and unlimited beer, but you still have to pay for your hotel and travel.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #6
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I see that a second ticket is only $100. So if you go with a friend it's only $200 each. That seems a bit more reasonable.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #7
Shadow
Charter Member
Herf Meister

A friend goes every year and raves about it. He says it's better than Cigarfest. Thought about going this year but have a family event to go to. Hopefully next year.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #8
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
Seems kind of expensive. Yes, you are getting 75 cigars (quality unknown), buffet meals, and unlimited beer, but you still have to pay for your hotel and travel.

Ummm... when I went to cigar fest I paid for a hotel. When I go to the Great Smoke I pay for a plane ticket and a hotel for a couple of nights. I call it 'vacation'. There is no free shipping! (actually my ticket did ship for free!)

You're going to get mostly good cigars. Some really good, some not so great. You meet a lot of cigar people, and best of all fellow cigar smokers. A lot of beautiful women. Good food. Some nice specials on cigars at the event. Etc.

If you'er going to 'break even' on the cigar prices (cigar value must be greater than price of cigars given with ticket) then this may not be for you. We spend on the things we like the most. I find the Great Smoke almost therapeutic for me - warm days, away from work, cigars, etc. But others would crap their tighty whities over the cost.

So we are lucky to live in a world of many options.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:09 PM   #9
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I'm not ridiculing anyone's decision to go. And you are right. If that's your thing, this is a perfect vacation.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:16 AM   #10
jeepdad
Club Member

I thought the cost was a little steep too for a one day pass that doesn't start until 1 pm that day. What me and a buddy did was buy a one day ticket for $200 and a "companion" ticket for $65. A companion ticket gets everything except the cigars. So in total it is $265 we split the cost so $132.50 each and we will split the cigars. If we like Cigarnival then next year we will buy whichever ticket floats our boat. The Hampton Inn for the weekend is almost the exact cost of the tickets at $261 (two nights) add gas as well likely around $60. So all in all (minus any shirts, cigar stiff, or cigars we buy) will be a $300 weekend. I'll pay that any day for a herfing weekend.

--Dan
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote