Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
Master Gates
Club Member

Ashton Corona

Woke up early this morning.....5am.....to lightening and thunder and a good amount of precipitation. Brewed up a nice pot of coffee - which is typically just a weekend thing for me.

I rummaged around the humi looking for something light to start the day off with. An ashton corona stuck out to me today, so I picked it up and headed out to the porch with my coffee.

The cigar was perfectly constructed - from its near vein-less smooth CT shade wrapper to the great draw. I fired it up and it was just what I was wanting. Smooth, creamy smoke with a solid tobacco taste. Definitely a mild cigar, and at times I think the coffee was overpowering it. Great flavor though. Almost reminded me of a casa torano, just much more refined.

I sat there in the darkness on the porch and smoked it down to the band just as the sun was starting to come up.

Not something id smoke every day, but it fit the bill perfectly today.

Master Gates is offline   Reply With Quote