Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 10-24-2004, 07:34 PM   #1
bj4224

Fort Worth Cigar Store (Tobacco Lane on the Square)

Since I am a student at TCU, I live very close to downtown. Tobacco Lane on the Square is my closest tobacconist. They have a decent selection. I have been trying to get out more and try other cigar stores out. Tobacco Lane is by far the closest, that sounded weird, compared to any other cigar store. I went in today with my buddy and I came to a conclusion that took me four trips too many to come to. The two guys that work in there are complete jerks. I guess because I wear a t-shirt and I am buying single cigars that no respect should be given to me. On multiple occasions, my serious inquiries have been disregarded as childish and answered accordingly. Am I the only person in Fort Worth to come to this conclusion? Can anyone reccomend a better store? Thanks!
Old 10-24-2004, 07:46 PM   #2
NolanE
Club Member

Re: Fort Worth Cigar Store (Tobacco Lane on the Square)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj4224
Since I am a student at TCU, I live very close to downtown. Tobacco Lane on the Square is my closest tobacconist. They have a decent selection. I have been trying to get out more and try other cigar stores out. Tobacco Lane is by far the closest, that sounded weird, compared to any other cigar store. I went in today with my buddy and I came to a conclusion that took me four trips too many to come to. The two guys that work in there are complete jerks. I guess because I wear a t-shirt and I am buying single cigars that no respect should be given to me. On multiple occasions, my serious inquiries have been disregarded as childish and answered accordingly. Am I the only person in Fort Worth to come to this conclusion? Can anyone reccomend a better store? Thanks!
I went by both Tobacco Galleries in Dallas, they were awesome, very very awesome staff. They're big jokers, too. I don't know if that would be too long of a road trip, but I really liked the atmosphere. The one downtown boasts 'Texas' largest humidor and lounge area.' There's another one in midtown that's really nice, but not quite as big, but both places have an awesome selection.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:14 AM   #3
sunivy
Club Member

As for the Tobacco Lane on the Square, I've never been in there. But, if it's anything like the shops in malls and such, good luck as most employees I've ever encountered working in stores like these only know how to operate the cash register.

From TCU, Dallas is a bit of a haul, but I'd say the Tobacco Gallery downtown would definitely be worth the trip (I've never been to their other store). These guys will go with you into the humidor (which is huge), discuss the different brands with you, help you pick out one or a few sticks to try, etc. Essentially, top notch.

I'm not sure about other stores in the Fort Worth area, but one a little closer to you than Dallas that's in Arlington is Arlington Cigar located at Green Oaks and Collins (north of I-30). Three walk-in humidors, very helpful - good folks there.

Another suggestion: Ask your questions here
sunivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 07:36 AM   #4
bj4224

Me and a couple of my buddies will be at the herf tomorrow night. I was just taken aback by how unfriendly these guys were. It would be one thing if they had all their cigars priced at closeout buy they were all at least $2 over MSRP. I have heard a lot of good things about Tobacco Gallery and cannot wait to see it.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:35 AM   #5
NolanE
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunivy
I'm not sure about other stores in the Fort Worth area, but one a little closer to you than Dallas that's in Arlington is Arlington Cigar located at Green Oaks and Collins (north of I-30). Three walk-in humidors, very helpful - good folks there.
Wish I'd have known about that place when I was in town, sounds like a nice place.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #6
Wang Lung
Club Member

I've been to Tobacco Lane in FW maybe a dozen times over the last six years. They are not the most cordial crew. However, I put up with them because of their location. On my way from the Worthington to Del Frisco's, they are on the way. And they do have a nice selection.
Wang Lung is offline   Reply With Quote