Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 02-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Ringo
Club Member

Some domestic quickie reviews

Rocky Patel The Edge maduro torpedo - An absolutely beautiful cigar to look at with a lovely oily wrapper. Do I need to say that it is strong? As I smoked it I was starting to think that is was a bit -too- strong, not in the stomach-turning way but rather that the one dimensional strength was out pf proportion with everything else. But after I smoked it, I kept thinking about it and how I wanted another one. That's one way that I know that I really enjoyed a cigar. These are too new to know, but if they age well then they're gonna be be monsters in about five years. As they stand today, they get a very solid 90/100

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 churchill - A beautiful oily wrapper is lived up to by the fine taste. Again, a tad one-dimensional, but it's a good dimension. 90/100

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 robusto - Aha! This is what the RP buzz is about, for me anyway. Beautiful to look at, wonderful aroma, and most importantly it is absolutely delicious. This is a GREAT and world class cigar - when they get this good, country of origin means nothing. If these get any better then people will start smuggling them INTO Cuba. I'm glad that I've got some of these on the way from Famous. 93/100

H. Upmann Anniversary Seleccion #1 - What can I say - this cigar sucked. A boring and bland cigar in every way, its only "characteristic" was a grassy harshness. I like most domestic Upmanns but this one is a loser. 80/100

Camacho Candela Monarca - Who says that candelas are flavorless? Not Senor Camacho! This is a wonderful and tasty cigar that I will definitely stock up on. 89/100

La Gloria Cubana Felicias Reserva Figurado - This one was OK but I expected more. It was stunning to look at and fairly flavorful, but not in the league of a good Wavell maduro. I'll have to try one of the larger sizes. 87/100
Old 02-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #2
DUplayboy
Herf Meister

nice reviews

The edge maduro is one of my favorite smokes. hopefully mr. patel will not fuck with the blend and leave it alone.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
jaybo41
Club Member

Thanks for sharing I've not had good experiences with the domestic Upmann's either. I know some have, and it's all a matter of one's palate, but they're just not for me.
jaybo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
ConMan
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Thanks for sharing. I have a few RP's that I'm sitting on. I've never smoked one before and have heard some good things about them, including your review... Now I gotta check and see if I have that robusto
ConMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #5
olotti
Club Member

The Edge Maduro Torp is one of my "go-to" smokes. I love everything about it and smoke them religiously and to this day have not had a bad one yet, they have all been perfect.

"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -Homer Simpson
olotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #6
InfrnalSky
Club Member

Great reviews!

The only domestic Upmann that I have been able to enjoy have been the Vintage Cameroons. Those are tastey!

Eddie
InfrnalSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #7
Little Steve
Club Member

Re: Some domestic quickie reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
H. Upmann Anniversary Seleccion #1 - What can I say - this cigar sucked. A boring and bland cigar in every way, its only "characteristic" was a grassy harshness. I like most domestic Upmanns but this one is a loser. 80/100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
La Gloria Cubana Felicias Reserva Figurado - This one was OK but I expected more. It was stunning to look at and fairly flavorful, but not in the league of a good Wavell maduro. I'll have to try one of the larger sizes. 87/100
I think last years Reserva Figurados were better that this years, although i am glad they did make new sizes and use a maduro wraper

nice reviews
Old 03-01-2006, 06:18 AM   #8
mosier
Club Member

Nice reviews Ringo! The only domestic H. Upmanns I've enjoyed have been the regular line toro's. I also love the RP Edge's very . I have one Vintage 1990 Robusto waiting to be smoked, you've made me very eager to smoke it!!!

Cheers,

Jeff
mosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:39 AM   #9
samiam2
Club Member

great reviews, thanks..
Old 03-01-2006, 03:34 PM   #10
b0rderman
Club Member

Thanks Ringo ...going to have to give that vintage 1990 a go
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote