Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
zebo65
Herf Meister

De la Hoya vs. Hopkins Jones vs. Tarver

It seems like Oscar will move up to middleweight and fight Bernard Hopkins in September. The two are supposed to be on the same card in June and then fight each other a few months later. It'll be interesting to see Oscar as the clear underdog in a fight. He has the boxing skills to beat Hopkins, but Bernard may be too strong.

I'd rather see Oscar fight Trinidad again.

Also Jones is giving Tarver a rematch in May. I hope to see Roy coming to ring in great shape for this one. If he does it'll be a short night for Tarver.
zebo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:13 PM   #2
mannish
Herf God

Oscar could be in trouble with that one, I agree a very interesting fight. Trinidad and Oscar should happen too much $$ for then to pass up. I just wonder what kinds of shape Trinidad is in after retiring..?

I think Jones will be in much better condition this time around.

THANKS for the info
mannish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:37 PM   #3
zebo65
Herf Meister

The last I heard Trinidad was walking around at close to 200 lbs. I guess his first fight will be against Moseley if he beats Winky Wright next month. Shane vs. Felix will be a war. I'm guessing Oscar will fight both Trinidad and Vargas again before cashing in his chips.
zebo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 03:52 AM   #4
mrdiver
Herf Meister

With the Heavyweight division in such disarray/boring, these are good fights to anticipate. Hopefully, some will be on (free) HBO, and not all on pay-per-view?
mrdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:16 AM   #5
mannish
Herf God

I agree I think Mosley/Winky is on HBO. I would come close to PPV ing the Tarve/Jones and the DeLaHoya/Hopkins.
mannish is offline   Reply With Quote