Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2004, 06:42 AM   #1
doohnibor
Club Member

"Mystery Smoke"

I was the lucky recipient of a mystery bomb a couple of weeks ago. Though I've been unable to confirm who the culprit is (I've got my suspicions)......I'm hopeful that by leaving this review, I may get another clue as to who did this deed.

BY THE WAY----A REWARD AWAITS ANY AND ALL WHO PROVIDE CLUES WHICH LEAD TO THE IDENTIFICATION AND CONVICTION OF THIS FINE BOTL

Included in the Bomb (along with many Habanos and a VSG) was a cigar marked "Mystery Smoke". What follows is my review:

Mystery Smoke
Size: 5 5/8 x 46
Provenance: Unknown

The wrapper was very smooth and more of a dark brown than a light brown, which gave the cigar a very lean appearance. The cigar appeared to be triple capped, which at first had me thinking this smoke was Cuban. However, the ash (light gray) gave it away immediately.

The light and draw were easy. The cigar gave off plenty of smoke and the aroma and flavors were very easy to detect. The flavors were consistent throughout, that being of a very earthy, woodsy and rustic profile. There was no "twang", however, the flavors were very distinctive and reminded me of many a cigar I've smoked from the Dominican Republic.

Though I have no idea what this cigar is, I must say I enjoyed it none-the-less.

Overall, an enjoyable cigar and I'd give it an 8 out of 10 rating.

Again------another big thank you to the Mysterious Bomber. I have every intention of hunting you down!!!