Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008, 07:29 AM   #1
CJ3
Club Member

Devil's Weed - MCLC Group Review

Prologue:
Our sample Devil’s Weed cigars were graciously provided by Luis Molina, the Mild Cigar Lovers Coalition’s own Mr. Puro for the purpose of conducting a “Group Review.” Each MCLC member who received these samples is encouraged to add their own review to this thread. Thanks again Luis! Good luck with the release!

PRE-SMOKE:
Appearance and Construction: Score: 3 out of 5
Burn: Score: 4 out of 5
Draw: Score: 3 out of 5
Aroma: Score: 3 out of 5

Pre-Smoke Comments:
The wrapper leaf on my Devil’s Leaf cigar is a lite brown, with a bit of a greenish hue thereabouts. As I inspect further, I’m almost reminded of a claro wrapper, even. The pre-light draw is great, and already slightly peppery, even pre-light! Perhaps I’m in for more than I bargained for!

SMOKE:
Flavor: Score: 6 out of 10
Taste/Aftertaste: Score: 6 out of 10

Smoke Comments:
My first few puffs are very smooth, with a slight peppery flourish that continues throughout the first third of the smoke. The burn edge is neat, and the pace deliberate, yet satisfying. The ash is dense and well constructed. In a tribute to Mr. Molina, I tease it to the halfway point before tapping it off, fully intact into the ashtray. The exposed coal is a feathery cone.

The body remains on the light side of medium, and the overall flavor is light, and slightly grassy, in a pleasant way. Although it builds ever so slightly in the final third, the cigar is never more than medium bodied. The finish is uneventful, smooth and cool to the end.

SUMMARY:
Overall Quality: Score: 6 out of 10

Summary Comments:
An enjoyable, well constructed smoke, certainly a pleasant cigar that most will not find to be overly taxing in any way. A cigar that won’t distract the smoker’s attention from the task at hand, be it in the shop, the garage, or on the golf course. Definitely a good candidate for the MCLC! Thanks Luis!

FINAL RATING: 31 – 3 1/2 Stars, Above Average