Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Apple Event - This Tuesday

iPod fans, get ready for Tuesday. The "Let's Rock" Apple event will be unveiling the new line of iPods. This time it is across the board, from the Nano's to the Classic's, new look, new features, ?old style?

The buzz is the new nano will be using the thin aluminum "tube" body again. G3 fat nono was not well received, and nono fans really liked the G2 style and added durability of the aluminum tube frame. I can attest to this because I have dropped my G2 nano about a dozen times only to cause some cosmetic damage at the edges where it smaked the concrete, never causing any real damage to the screen or the functionality of the G2. On the other hand, my sis has dropped her iPod G3 nano a few times which caused the screen to crack, and enough damage to the inside causing it to malfunction.

Rumor is the new style will be similar to G2 body and if you want to watch video, you rotate the G4 nano and watch it sideways taking advantage of the wider screen in this position.

Reliable and durabe with the old style, with added video capability with the new G4 nano, I can't wait to see them in action.
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
madal
Herf Meister

Heard something about dropping the price $100 too, but nothing on how that applies to various models.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

They definitely added more and charging less for the iPod Nano. Check it out. LINK
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:02 AM   #4
madal
Herf Meister

I've got an 8gb iTouch, a 160gb video iPod, and a first gen 5gb (that I use in the car on fishing trips). But I've been thinking about a Nano because of the synch with my Nike running shoes. Not thinking that hard though.