Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2005, 05:37 PM   #13
dswogger

Re: Humification element not absorbing water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterhaar
My humidor is fairly new (two months) and it has two disk style humidification devices. One of them wouln't absorb water so I was sent a new one. I filled it and now (three weeks later) it will not absorb any water. I'm using just distilled water right now, and with only one element my humidor is staying at 63%.

Also how do you guys re-fill your devices? Just pour water on it? Any different steps if you use PG solution?

thanks!
If you're bound to stick with those --- and I would recommend, like others to go to the beads --- keep in mind that the "opening" for those things to receive water is a bit tight --- the water forms its own seal at those openings. Recall, most likely, from the instructions that you had to place it face down in a dish of water or solution for a period of time to soak in the water. In order to replenish those guys (with the cross-hatched openings) I had to remove them from the humi, place water on the surface and gently massage/squish the water into the unit.....

.....beads are cheaper and easier --- just take a 1/3rd to 1/2 of your beads and spray 'em with distilled water till they turn clear; mix 'em back in with the white ones and return to the humi.....

.....those little "devices" you're using will drive you nuts.....
dswogger is offline   Reply With Quote