Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:58 PM   #1
KatDad
Herf God

UCLA and USC to the Big 10

Just saw this on The Athletic, seems to have credibility. Here we go again with conference realignment bingo.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave

Last edited by KatDad; 06-30-2022 at 01:47 PM.
KatDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:14 PM   #2
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

PAC10 will now be ruled by Oregon.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:17 PM   #3
ElkTwin
Ungulate in Chief
Club Member

Really? I guess they’ll do anything to get Indiana a win.
ElkTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:24 PM   #4
KatDad
Herf God

It's looking like a done deal. Apparently UCLA and USC initiated it by reaching out to the BIG.

One take has Oregon and Washington following them.

Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, and Utah would make nice additions to the Big XII (XVI).

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

Albert Camus

Last edited by KatDad; 06-30-2022 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:33 PM   #5
ElkTwin
Ungulate in Chief
Club Member

And Cal an Stanford could rule the Mountain Wesr!
ElkTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:11 AM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

My brain can't take this.
The age of the MegaConference is here. Within five years, the SEC and the Big 10 will formalize some sort of league structure, and that will be that. Maybe it will get as big as 40 "schools" and then fuck everyone else. The money is there, the clout is there, the will is there.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:47 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Don't look now, but Notre Dame is waiting on their board to approve a move to the Big Ten, also. ND is tied to the ACC in all the other sports, but football. This is seismic.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 07-03-2022, 11:48 AM   #8
N8DCJ
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
My brain can't take this.
The age of the MegaConference is here. Within five years, the SEC and the Big 10 will formalize some sort of league structure, and that will be that. Maybe it will get as big as 40 "schools" and then fuck everyone else. The money is there, the clout is there, the will is there.

Tommy

When I saw the news on this , that was my exact thought , it's going to be some sort of sec thing and big 10 , I am in the minority here being an Ohio State fan...

But , even I don't want to see the conferences get distilled down to just 2 or 3 of them...

Dan
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 07:06 AM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Excellent article. My interest is already waning.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Old 07-02-2022, 08:08 AM   #10
KatDad
Herf God

A somewhat credible source in the K-State sphere is indicating that Arizona and Arizona State have reached out to the Big XII regarding their joining the conference.

Works for me!

H. L. Mencken

Albert Camus