Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Cuarenta y tres

Cuarenta y tres (43) licor.
This is a vanilla (among other) flavored liqueur from Spain.
Has anyone else tried this? I'm not really an imbiber as my friends know, but we went to a tapas restaurant tonight. At the end of the meal Kelly let slip to the waitress that it was my birthday, so she brought me a shot of this gratis

I shared it around the table, but, damn, this stuff is really good. I may have to spring for a bottle of this.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-3252.aspx

Another link
Quote:
Cuarenta y Tres

Cuarenta is a sweet liqueur made in the Cartagena of eastern Spain, and based on a recipe that supposedly dates from classical times, when the Phoenicians founded Carthage, in North Africa. Its name is Spanish for "forty-three". It has the alternative name in English speaking markets of Licor 43, and is so named because that is the number of herbs and spices it contains. Its strength is 31% ABV.

Cuarenta is concocted from a brandy base, with infusions of the various aromatizers, but has a noticeably predominant flavor of vanilla, which rather torpedoes the Carthaginian theory since vanilla was only discovered in the 16th century by Spanish explorers in Mexico. Not much seen outside its region of production, it is nonetheless held in high regard locally.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote