Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2003, 02:31 PM   #1
Black Plague
Herf Meister

Romeo y Julieta Romeo No. 2 de Luxe ISOM

This was a gift from a great guy who goes by the handle ajeroth on the CBid forums (if any of you know his email, can you PM it to me?). I actually didn't know whether it was a regular Romeo No. 2 or the De Luxe version, but since it was so damn good (and I don't think it had a lot of age on it), I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its the De Luxe.

Appearance: Petite corona (or mareva as the factory name for it is), 5 1/8 x 42. Wrapper was medium brown with few veins.

Prelight: Felt solid and not too tight in my hands. This cigar smelled absolutely delicious, with an aroma reminiscent of cedar and fresh fruit. It cut clean with no frays, and the prelight taste was light and cedary.

Flavor: The cigar toasted up quickly and evenly. As soon as I lit and drew in, I was assaulted with a strong spice, which quickly mellowed down to a medium-full, slightly spicy, toasty, cedary flavor with that familiar Havana "twang". About 1/3 of the way down, the cedar grew stronger and notes of leather began to waft in. At about 3/4 of the way down, the smoke was mellowing further and became more medium bodied, but managed to retain all the flavor. Excellent!

Construction: The draw was perfect, producing gallons of smoke. The burn was good, but needed a few adjustments along the way, nothing major. The ash was Cuban dark and held very nicely.

Misc: Had a cafe latte to accompany it. This worked out great, as the coffee accentuated the leather and cedar tastes perfectly.

Overall, I'd give this pup a 92, if I believed in such ratings.
Black Plague is offline   Reply With Quote