Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Can I find a chardonnay that I am going to like?

Can I find a chardonnay that I am going to like? I have had maybe a dozen in my life, generally staying with reds. I love traminers. I like Rhines, I have had cheap whites, and will do the occasional white zin.

Chardonnay, however, never seems dry and crisp like I expect. it has a heavy body, a fruityiness, and other qualities I like, but it ususally has a weird sort of component, and I always wonder if I have stored them too long, or improperly.

Can anyone suggest a chardonnay, eight bucks or less, that seems a little dryer, crisper, and less heavy handed on the stale fruit?

I just had a bottle of 2004 Century from Beulieau, and I have never had a beaulieye or whatever that name is, that disappointed me. The other ones have been from the table wine companies, or from the seen on TV labels.

I'd like to find a white to have with thanksgiving. my wife doesn't really like wines, and I'm tired of drinking alone at the table.

Keep in mind that I need to be able to find this in JOPLIN.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote