Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
Master Gates
Club Member

The Casa Torano "A"

Its been a long time since I have had one of these, but today was the perfect day for one, and I had plenty of time, which was key.

This is the limited edition "A" cigar that came in the humidors a number of years ago. Size is 8.5 x 50 and its an absolutely beautiful looking smoke. The wrapper was as smooth and even in texture and color as any ashton/dunhill/davidoff or whatever other high end conn shade you will find. impressive also because of the size of the leaf needed to wrap such a large cigar.

after clipping, a test draw showed this cigar was rolled perfectly. Slight resistance, but not too much that pulling smoke through 8.5 inches would cause you to break a sweat.

a mild cigar to begin with, the first third was pretty mild, probably due to the smoke having to travel so far. The flavors and strength gradually built up as I smoked. The last third was significantly more flavorful and intense than any other casa torano I have had in the past.

Definitely a great cigar, and this line is largely overlooked IMO. I would buy casa toranos over ashtons and davis almost any day. This "A" was a great cigar and I wish I had more occasions when I am able to enjoy one. Just under a 3 hr smoke.
Master Gates is offline   Reply With Quote