Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:19 AM   #1
matalo

Free sampler review 5-pack- Review # 4

Thanks to JazzNut for the form I am using and LastZap for the fiver:

Packaging: Unknown
Dimensions: Unsure
Date issued: Unknown
Date smoked: January 4, 2005.
Accompanying drink: Ice Cold Water
Texture of capa: Wrapper was smooth, dark brown, and oily
Color of capa: Dark chocolate brown.
Color of capote: Binder was a reddish leather.
Color of tripa: The filler had dark, brown color.
Construction: Roll felt perfect. LastZap, your concerns about storage are for naught.
Draw: The draw was perfect. From start to finish. I have never had a cigar rolled so perfectly. Again, humidity levels stored in has to factor in.
Combustion: Burn was perfect. Ash held forever! This was stored perfectly (I know repetitive, but I cannot help it).
Total smoking time: About 1.5 hours. I had more time to relax with this beaty so I tried to take my time.

Pre-light aroma: As disgusting as it sounds, manure (I think this is a good thing). This mixed with normal tobacco smells.
Pre-light draw: Draw was perfect. Not too loose, not too tight.
Post-light aroma: Upon lighting, bouquet of flora and spice filled the air. Mmmmmm!

Palate entry: First draw was like heaven. Mouthful of blissful smoke! First flavors were spice and floral tones. First 1/2 to 1" was subtle and mild. After 1.5", body and flavor began building up.
Mid point: At this point, body leaning to full side. Spiciness has faded. Leather and meat began to take over.
Latter stages: This bad boy finished strong. Good thing I had meat and taters before or I would be floored! Spice again took over. I love this!

Summary: Hard to write this summary as my head is spinning.Much like a good book, I could not put this cigar down! Or much like the RyJ slogan says, parting is such sweet sorrow. I did not think I could have a more pefect cigar than #3, but this one tops it! I cannot wait until #5.
My Guess: Camacho 11/18?

matalo

matalo
matalo is offline   Reply With Quote