Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Venom
Club Member

Post Wait a minute…we have ANOTHER Syracuse Scandal?

I was impressed when the Orange(men) of Syracuse University men’s basketball was able to move forward with their season when the Bernie Fine (sexual molestation) Scandal came out. They are 30-1 right now (17-1 in conference) and are looking like the will have the No. 1 seed in the Big East tourney. Look like everything was going well….until ANOTHER scandal has surfaced (damn!).
It has been reported that the Syracuse men’s basketball program failed to adhere to the drug policy while playing ineligible players for the decade. AT LEAST 10 PLAYERS since 2001 tested positive for a banned recreational substance (or substances). All 10 players were allowed to practice and play at times when they should have been suspended by the Athletic Department, some players may not have known about their own ineligibility.
Another thing that gets me is that when they asked if head coach Jim Boehiem had any knowledge of this going on, it was quoted that he did not…now wait a minute…he didn’t know about his former assistant coach Bernie Fine (that he has known for over 30 years) and how he supposedly likes to sexually molest young men…now you’re going to tell me he didn’t know this latest scandal (which has been going on for over a decade) is something he didn’t know either?
I can take the stand that a head coach cannot know EVERYTHING, but damn….he has to know SOMETHING that is going on with his/her program. Don’t act stupid all the time.

I’m just saying….

Last edited by Venom; 03-06-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote