Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Venom
Club Member

Post The GIANTS will win Super Bowl XLVI...

The time is near...one more day..SUPER BOWL XLVI!!!!
The casual fan who doesn't have a "Horse in the Race" might not think this is a big deal, but for us football fanatics who might be upset that their favorite teams aren't in there, still think this is the biggest day in sports and will enjoy it no matter who's playing in The Game. All we want is a GOOD GAME...not a blow out.

Now I might show my BIAS, because I am an official NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS HATER, but this is MY BLOG and I'm going to do what I please.

With that being said, I will give you the recipe the New York Giants need to do in order to come out of this with the Lombardi trophy (in hand) at the end of the game.

Eli (I'm ELITE) Manning - Keep playing like the ELITE QB you have shown to be...limit the turnovers (he had 16 INTs for the season) and attack the patriots secondary with the WRs at your disposal.

*Key WRs - Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham

The Two-Headed Running Monster
Brandon Jacobs - I know he had a sub-par season, but was reliable and consistent in the postseason. Keep on beating down the defensive line and get them tired so the second punch (Bradshaw) can carve them up.

Ahmad Bradshaw - I know he's dealing with the foot issue, but he just need to suck it up for one more game and just run through a tired defense and get your yards!

Defense
The Front Four has to put pressure on Tom Brady EARLY and OFTEN. Do not give that man time in the pocket, because if you do...he will pick you apart!

*The Front Four - Justin Tuck, Chris Canty, Jason Pierre-Paul and Linval Joseph

Linebackers have to keep Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez under control...DO NOT LET THESE TWO BEAT YOU IN THE MIDDLE!!!

*Linebackers - Mathias Kiwanuka, Chase Blackburn and Michael Boley

Safeties have to step up and help out the linebackers with the TEs.

* Safeties - Antrell Rolle and Kenny Phillips

Cornerbacks need to keep their eyes on Wes Welker in the middle and Deion Branch on the outside beating you deep.

*Corners - Corey Webster and Aaron Ross

The Giants had problems covering Gronk the last time they played (Giants won 24-20); he had 8 catches for 101 yards and a TD. Hernandez had 4 catches for 35 yards and a TD. The defense also had problems with containing 49ers Vernon Davis in the NFC Championship game, but they adjusted and neutralized him for the rest of the game.

If they follow this game plan and do the necessary adjustments in the game, I believe the Giants will come out VICTORIOUS!!!!!

Final score: GIANTS 24 - Patriots 17.

Let's wait and see...enjoy the game.