Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #1
OFT

Camacho Corojo Ltda 11/18

My very reliable and knowledgeable B&M supplier put me onto this very surprising 6 x 54, Honduran powerhouse. ($8.70) Upon purchase, I laid it in my humi for a quick 10 day rest.

Wrapper: Corojo
Binder: Honduras
Filler: Honduras

I want to be careful, as I am prone to being enthusiastic about cigars that I really like. This may have be the best NC I have ever had. I smoked it yesterday afternoon on a rainy Sunday afternoon while watching Tiger W. and Phil M. fight it out at the Doral with a couple of Macallan 12 neat and a large glass of water.

Appearance and Construction: Dark brown, oily wrapper with a medium texture with minimal veins. The wrapper did not have the rough appearance that I have experienced with other Camacho’s. It looks like a serious smoke. Score 4.5
Burn: It lit as well as you could expect from a big cigar. The burn was very even. The ash was a very firm and long white/gray, firm ash exposed a torpedo shaped cone. Score 4.5

Draw: The draw was almost perfect. I tend to be critical of cigars that burn un-even or have a too easy or tight draw. This stick delivered a large volume of smoke with just the right amount of pull. Score 5.0

Aroma: Well, my wife walked into my smoking room and DID NOT make her occasional comment; “That’s a stinky one”. It did not ever become bitter. Score 4.5

Flavor: It was full strength with a nice, but not overpowering flavor of wood/cedar and was complex enough to keep you very interested throughout. Score 9.0

Taste: I have never detected Spanish peanuts or Russian Cumin or other tastes from my wife’s kitchen/spice rack that I could detect in my cigars. I do know that for my pallet, it had a very good taste that kept you interested throughout. Score 9.0

Overall Quality: Though I don’t very often spend over $7.00 for a NC, I will have to make room in one of my boxes for more of these Hondurans. Smoke time was approx 70 minutes. Score 9.5

Total = 46
OFT is offline   Reply With Quote