Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2004, 08:13 PM   #1
HBooker
Club Member

CAO MX2 Robusto by hbooker

Tonight while on the chatroom I figgured I wold Delve into my humidor and grab that one cigar that always cried out "Smoke me"

It was a CAO MX2 robusto.

I took the megga band off of it and clipped it the pre draw taste reminded me of rasins. (cant explain that)

So I fired it up.

Well it smelled "different" and it had a nice smooth easy draw but it produced little smoke. Kinda frustrating in itself.
I kept at it becasue the CAO extreeme has always been one of my favorite cao's

It tasted "harsh and strong" reminded me of a strong expresso on my palate, further into it it started to actually produce some loads of smoke. Now thats more like it. But it began to get HOT.

Not burning hot but enough to make me not enjoy it.

I continued

The smoke got a bit more harsh if that was possible, then it got Fricking hotter than my chicken wings. (If you know that means too hot for humans)

I set her down.

At that point I realixed that my mouth fealt like I had smoked a full bundle of crappy connies or I had been in a Powerherf with a real dog rocket.

My rating for this smoke is apparent.

If you see one of these Run do not walk away.
Not only did this cigar not meet it's Hype or its marketing BS it wouldn't qualify for my "good / decent humidor sellection"
Sorry about the negitive review but thats the way this one hit me.

This one was disapointing.

I would probably re-try this brand on a different vitola in about a year.

hbooker

Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a Tree
HBooker is offline   Reply With Quote