Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2015, 03:26 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

IPCPR Cigar Kuuts Connecticut

Interestingly, just before the show, Gabriel Miranda joined CW, and in the Smokin Post asked if anyone here is interested in representing Kuuts as a regional sales representative/ambassador. I don't know that the thread got even a single response. Is it wariness of a newbie?

I spoke to Edward Miranda, territory manager, at the show, and he gave me all the time I wanted to talk about their cigars. They are a four-year old company, but under Spanish Tabak, which has been around for fifteen years, so they have some backing.

They also have new blends.
This is one of them, once I got it lit straight, some wind here, this afternoon. Yet, even on the deadest of days, the wind invariably gusts whenever I try to light a cigar. It took me three short matches to get it even. But now it's burning pretty well, so far, and evening out. This is a pretty cigar, a toro, at 6" by 52 ring, with some veining to the Ecuadoran Connecticut wrapper (another one.)

So far, it's not particularly strong, but it is staying lit to this point, even though I've put it down a couple times to type. . My last few reviews in here gave me trouble, going out when I stopped to write. So far, so good on this one. Is it this wrapper? It's started out with a woody character, as have many I got at the show. This has to be an Ecuadoran Connecticut trait.

Now a couple inches into the cigar, the burn has become very even, and razor sharp. The woody character still persists, and I fully expect this to be the dominant flavor for this entire cigar. I like it, a lot. Edward Miranda bills this as a mild-medium cigar, but for me, it's full on medium. This isn't a morning cigar, and not a typical "airy" Connecticut-shade cigar, even though it also has some Dominican leaf in the blend. The filler also has Honduran and Nicraguan leaves.

This is a nice cigar, enjoyable even out in the late afternoon heat. Go and find yourself some of these when you're out cigar shopping.

It's a solid ½

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 07-31-2015 at 03:59 PM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote