Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 11-12-2004, 05:04 AM   #1

Cigar Smoking on Cruise Ships

I am writing an article for a cigar magazine on cigar smoking on cruise ships. I would like to hear your comments on which cruise lines and cruise ships you have had positive and negative cigar smoking experiences aboard. Do you have a favorite cigar shop near a port? Or any other cigar and cruising related information that you would like to pass on.

Thanks,
Ken York
Old 11-12-2004, 05:05 AM   #2
TOJE
Herf God

Welcome to CW Ken. I'm sure you will get lots of information here.

(_<CAO>_____]]]]~~
TOJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:15 AM   #3
red
Herf Meister

Been on Royal Carribean. Had cigar smoking each night from 9-12 in the library. Very nice. Sold cigars on board, but they were a little dry. Took my own. Could smoke outside all day. Very good. stuff.
You guys must be tonguing the hole or something...Smokerch
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:24 AM   #4
casual
Club Member

Was on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas this past winter and they have a conessuiers club to smoke with a small selection of premium N/C cigars. They also allow smoking on the open deck area, but not inside the ship, except for the club. The club was a nice atmosphere with many of the regular beverages that go good with gars... CA magazines, a host that would clip and prelight your cigar if you didnt know what you were doing. All around good experience. Their website has pics of the club and more info.

This is what got me into cigars... had a Hemmingway Signature in the club and then went ashore and bought a coupla cuban tubos and had one of those in the club. Also where I tried my first port. Have been hooked, so to speak, on both ever since.

The Duty Free shop sells a small selection of N/C cigars, but they are waaayy overprices... Paid like $8.95 for a AF Flor Fino 858. The ones in the Club were a better deal. The Hemmingway was less than $10, a bit high but I was on a ship where everything is high.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:00 AM   #5
Big Jack
Club Member

I did RC's Mariner of the Seas, this past spring.

I hit the Conneseurs club every night after dinner, for Port, & a smoke. Met a few real nice people who also became "regulars". For me, it was one of the highlights of the cruise.

I smoked my own stuff, mainly because I wasn't too impressed with their selection, but the apmosphere was great! Big overstuffed sofas, and chairs, dark paneling, and a SWEET hostess, who knew the regulars by name on the second night.

Who CAN you trust??
Big Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:01 AM   #6
TOJE
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jack

I hit the Conneseurs club every night after dinner, for Port, & a smoke. Met a few real nice people who also became "regulars". For me, it was one of the highlights of the cruise.

I smoked my own stuff, mainly because I wasn't too impressed with their selection, but the apmosphere was great! Big overstuffed sofas, and chairs, dark paneling, and a SWEET hostess, who knew the regulars by name on the second night.
Did ya get a lap dance? :P

(_<CAO>_____]]]]~~
TOJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:01 AM   #7
Lowman
Club Member

Since I have been smoking cigars, I have only been on one cruise.

Celebrity Cruises... Zenith to Bermuda.

They had a very nice cigars lounge on the ship called Michael's Club. There was a bar and some tables with plush leather chairs. Served a lot of Cognac and Single Malts. Sold cigars, but didn't buy any.

Smoking outside while cruising is very difficult because of winds. In port, sometimes OK.

Low
Lowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:25 AM   #8
Big Jack
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOJE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jack

Did ya get a lap dance? :P

Who CAN you trust??
Big Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:27 AM   #9
Brad Mac

Last Feburary my wife and I went on the Holland America Zuiderdam to Tortola,St Thomas,and Bahamas.Very cigar friendly ship.We had a room with a veranda and I had a cigar out there every night.You could also smoke on deck any time and they had a Cigar bar on the top deck where every night they did "Cigars under the stars".In Tortola there is a little store on Main st called Little Denmark.Nice selection in their walk in humidor,good storage conditions and no "fakes."Although a little on the expensive side I still bought a very big hand full of very nice smokes.

This past July we went to Bermuda on the "Horizon" Another cigar friendly ship.Although there was no cigar bar on board you could smoke outside on deck,or in your room.They had a small humidor of N/C cigars but they were very expensive.

Hope this helps you!
Brad Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:01 AM   #10

Your comments are greatly appreciated. I hope to run into you aboard a cruise ship.