Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2022, 06:08 AM   #9
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
I wish I could, Sean. I would love to meet you, and experience that part of the world.

Caregiver to an 87 year-old means I'm stuck for the foreseeable future. She will out-live us all in terms of years. Travel for me, at this point in my life, is a distant memory and an unlikely future.
I definitely appreciate the sentiment that you would like to get together if you were able, even being so far away in LA.

I learned a long time ago that you can never have too many friends, and cigar smokers, like veterans, are a great bunch when it comes to their dealings with each other.

You seem like a good guy, and its especially noble to take care of an elderly person, that says a lot about you.

I've actually been to the very southern part of LA in town I believe was named Johnson, can't recall exactly its been so long. Drove there with a friend when I lived in Atlanta so he could visit family. Was pretty interesting with the swamps, gators, massive bugs, and heat and humidity.

The people were great though and his family took to me with open arms, and fed me some incredible crawdad gumbo that could never be replicated by any restaurant. Spicy as hell though, and most of them were adding extra hot sauce to theirs while I was sweating from it with nothing added. They had a good laugh at the yankee white boy,lol
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote