Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 05:43 AM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Cigar decorations/displays

Anyone else have any kind of cigar decoration/display?

Post 'em up! Let's see what you got!

Here's all mine:

Small bookshelf display:

Small Christmas tree a good friend sent me in a care package with some cigar related items, like: Opus X Tie Pin as the star, and the medium sized brass CFCF Dove ornament.

And last but not least, 3 of 4 walls of my room at the Veterans Home:

Note the Arturo Fuente brand Coffee bag at the bottom right of pic 6. I hear the coffee is nothing particularly special, just average, but think the little A.Fuente Coffee burlap bag is neat. Interesting item that I was generously given in 1 of many care packages from a very good friend. Cool cigar crossover piece.
I friggin love cigars

Last edited by smbauerllc; 03-04-2023 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:59 AM   #2
CSMAnderson
Herf God

Nice collection. I have a few ash trays displayed in my man cave, but nothing like your display.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:15 AM   #3
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Hey, even just a few ashtrays can be cool depending on their appearance.

I got sick of the bare walls. It made my room way to institutional feeling so what better for a cigar lover than to decorate with cigar items.

I especially like my small, Navy/cigar crossover cigars and Zippos, having spent 8 years in the navy and being a cigar lover, what better than navy related cigars and accessories.

I friggin love cigars
Old 03-04-2023, 10:05 AM   #4
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbauerllc View Post
Anyone else have any kind of cigar decoration/display?

Post 'em up! Let's see what you got!

Here's all mine:

Small bookshelf display:

Small Christmas tree a good friend sent me in a care package with some cigar related items, like: Opus X Tie Pin as the star, and the medium sized brass CFCF Dove ornament.

And last but not least, 3 of 4 walls of my room at the Veterans Home:

Note the Arturo Fuente brand Coffee bag at the bottom right of pic 6. I hear the coffee is nothing particularly special, just average, but think the little A.Fuente Coffee burlap bag is neat. Interesting item that I was generously given in 1 of many care packages from a very good friend. Cool cigar crossover piece.
I friggin love cigars
Obsessive
JLOH #19
Old 03-05-2023, 06:03 AM   #5
KatDad
Herf God

Ya think?

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
Old 03-05-2023, 06:22 AM   #6
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

So, how do you 2 think I should decorate my small room at the Veterans Home, so it's more homey and less institutional?

The only one of my hobbies/passions I can do here is cigars and cigar related things, so decorating with a cigar theme seems logical to me.

I also happen to think the retro Cuban posters are cool as I also love antiques, even though they are reproductions.

I also have other things not pictured as they arent relative to the thread, so you arent seeing a bunch of non-cigar related items, including a lot of family pictures, including my deceased father and son, and items and pictures from my 8 years in the Navy.

So, what would you expect to see in a thread about cigar related decorations?

Jesus, you two ignorant and judgemental much? Although, I know Andy relishes any chance to bash me or crap in my threads, as he has a grudge based on erroneous beliefs from CF, which has been gone for like a year or more now, and has decided to bring it here.

He refuses to be a man and discuss it one on one in pm where there are no admins or moderators and we can avoid precisely what is happening in this thread: derailment.

Andy, I've temporarily taken you off ignore in case you want to be a man and discuss things via pm.

I friggin love cigars
Old 03-05-2023, 08:23 AM   #7
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

Wow all of the sudden your so sensitive? I did in fact PM you a while back and you didn't respond.
JLOH #19
Old 03-05-2023, 08:34 AM   #8
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

@ak2000

Not sensitive, just dont see the purpose of posting negative comments. If you dont like the content of a thread. Just move on. No reason for you and KatDad to crap in it

Plus, this is far from the first time you specifically have done this or similar, and I'm long sick of you and your giving me crap in my threads.

I never got a pm from you, probably because I had you on ignore, so it likely didn't go through. I had to take you off ignore to even send you a pm, so I'm sure i cant receive them while you are on ignore.

If you want to hash this out once and for all, I'm happy to leave you off ignore so we can exchange pm's. i would love to finally put this to rest with you once and for all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2023, 09:43 AM   #9
KatDad
Herf God

If you'll notice I used the winking emoji. Translation, I was only minimally serious. Mostly just yanking your chain in jest.

I would respectfully suggest that on occasion you consider dialing back your enthusiasm which quite frankly doesn't always come across well. It can seem a little over the top at times.

I've always been cordial to you, replying to PMs and posting on the numerous threads you start. If one little, appropriate IMO, comment is that offensive to you I'm not sure what to say other than grow a little thicker skin. It will help many things.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave

Last edited by KatDad; 03-05-2023 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2023, 10:23 AM   #10
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatDad View Post
If you'll notice I used the winking emoji. Translation, I was only minimally serious. Mostly just yanking your chain in jest.

I would respectfully suggest that on occasion you consider dialing back your enthusiasm which quite frankly doesn't always come across well. It can seem a little over the top at times.

I've always been cordial to you, replying to PMs and posting on the numerous threads you start. If one little, appropriate IMO, comment is that offensive to you I'm not sure what to say other than grow a little thicker skin. It will help many things.
I apologize. I was 99% referring to Andy, not you.
I wasn't sure if the wink was meant that you were joking, or if it was a sign of agreement with Andy. That's the only reason you were mentioned just in the first sentence and the rest was addressing him.

My apologies that I misunderstood the wink and included you in the post at all.

It really wasn't about you as you are correct, you have always been just fine, cordial and helpful to me.

I friggin love cigars
Closed Thread