Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
Bowie Fan
Club Member

Grammy's Anyone?

Hope y'all are watching.

"
Everyone is crazy." - B.L.B. 1914

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain

"I am a Republican because I believe in the constitution, strength in national defense, limited government, individual freedom, and personal responsibility as the concrete foundation for American government." - Martha Raye
Bowie Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

No interest. Sorry.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:33 AM   #3
Bowie Fan
Club Member

Aww, too bad. It was "a really big shew". A great salute to the Beatles. I was a little kid but I remember seeing them on The Ed Sullivan Show. Every second of last nights show was enjoyable. My brother shaped my 60's and early 70's music interest. We had every new rock 'n' roll album that was released. Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Doors, Chambers Bros, Moby Grape, Savoy Brown, Elton John, Jefferson Airplane, Zappa, and so on. A great time musically.

"

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain

"I am a Republican because I believe in the constitution, strength in national defense, limited government, individual freedom, and personal responsibility as the concrete foundation for American government." - Martha Raye
Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
hermit
Club Member

No thanks, I'm watchin' Curling.

“Ours may become the first civilization destroyed, not by the power of our enemies, but by the ignorance of our teachers and the dangerous nonsense they are teaching our children. In an age of artificial intelligence, they are creating artificial stupidity.”

Thomas Sowell
hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #5
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

After hearing people today rave about the Beatles tribute I have to admit I am sorry that I missed it.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
spiridon
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie Fan View Post
Aww, too bad. It was "a really big shew". A great salute to the Beatles. I was a little kid but I remember seeing them on The Ed Sullivan Show. Every second of last nights show was enjoyable. My brother shaped my 60's and early 70's music interest. We had every new rock 'n' roll album that was released. Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Doors, Chambers Bros, Moby Grape, Savoy Brown, Elton John, Jefferson Airplane, Zappa, and so on. A great time musically.
I remember that night as well. One of those moments that grabbed me and was etched into my memory forever. I missed the Grammys. I wish I had known about the tribute beforehand, I probably would have made more of an effort to watch.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:43 AM   #7
Bowie Fan
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiridon View Post
I wish I had known about the tribute beforehand, I probably would have made more of an effort to watch.
I think the tribute show took place the night after the grammy awards, although they may have done some filming during as well. It aired on February 9th. Maybe they'll show it again . . . ??

"