Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
Fidel Castro
Banned

To All Forum Members in here....I want to Thank Everybody fo

The humidity level in my Don Salvatore footlocker humidor is starting to rise very slowly. Earlier today, I added 2 more layers of weather stripping on top of the first layer of weather stripping that I just put on it 2 days ago. I also added some weight on top of the lid (some heavy books) in order to make the lid seal better with the weather stripping.

Well, I just went by my office a little while ago to check on the progress of the humidity level inside the humidor and the digital hydrometer read at 62%. Before adding the extra weather stripping, it was only reading at 58%. So, the humidity inside my humidor rose by 5 points since around 7 hours ago. I hope that it can rise even more to the 70% level by Christmas day. I am still waiting for the 1 1/2 lbs of 70% beads from Viper to arrive. I hope that the beads will make the humidity reach the desired level of 70% and stay at 70%. Also, I will still keep the added weight (the heavy books) on top of the lid to make sure that the lid seals better with the weather stripping and with the body of the humidor.

I want to thank all the members in here for giving me their input and for helping me try to fix the humidification problem in my humidor. I want to also thank you all for having patience with me. I am the type who panics very easily when I see the humidity level inside my humidor drop bigtime and I worry a lot about my expensive Padrons, Arturo Fuente Anejos and other premium cigars that are stored inside this particular humidor getting ruined. Everybody in here has been very nice to me giving me advice on fixing my humidor. I really appreciate this. I want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hannukah.

I will keep an eye on the humidity level in my humidor and update you on its progress or on any further problems.

Again, I want to thank everybody for being so helpful and so nice to me.

Thank You,
George G.
Fidel Castro is offline   Reply With Quote