Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2005, 04:20 PM   #23
Herfin Bigdog
Herf Meister

Re: PSA: Palio Rides Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother of the Leaf
To Whom It May Concern:

From the first time we used the Palio cigar cutter, we knew this was the cutter we should have for ourselves and the ONE cigar cutter any cigar smoker should own. In this respect we have joked recently that we kind of feel like Victor Kiam, who remarked, "I liked it so much, I bought the company," referring to his company buying the Remington shaver. We have also seen recently that there are many of you who feel the same way about our product and we cannot express our gratitude enough to you. We hope that you will all continue to praise this product and spread the word of your satisfaction, as we will not let you down in standing behind your words, by maintaining exemplary customer service and high quality with respect to the product itself.

We would like to inform you that our company has recently purchased the Palio cigar cutter. We know that there have been some availability and warranty concerns in the past and we would like to address those issues first and foremost. From this day forward the supply of Palio cigar cutters to the marketplace will be sustained at the level befitting any product of this quality. We pledge to work hard in making sure the quality of the product is maintained or surpassed from its current status. In respect to warranty issues, if the Palio cigar cutter is defective or dulled at anytime during ownership by an end consumer from normal usage in the manner the Palio cigar cutter is intended to be used, it can be returned to any retailer who carries the product for a replacement, no questions asked.

A little information we think you should know about the Palio cigar cutter, which we hope will clear up some comments that have come to our attention.

1.The Palio cigar cutter is made with a proprietary nylon composite, not your average “plastic”. This composite makes the Palio cigar cutter stronger than other cutters and less likely to break, as well as provides the best fit for it’s blades to provide a sheer cut with no “slop” like many cutters on the market today.

2.The Palio cigar cutter blades are made from 420-tempered surgical stainless steel and are sharpened using a proprietary process, differentiating it from other cutters in the marketplace.

3.The Palio cigar cutter and no other cutter for that matter is “self-sharpening”, it’s a nice marketing catch phrase, just not the truth. We will however stand the Palio up against ANY guillotine cutter on the market for initial and over time of use sharpness and durability.

We thank you for your time and your patronage, past, present and future!
Brother of the Leaf, L.L.C.
Brother of the Leaf, L.L.C.,

Gentlemen, I am very happy to see that you were successful with your endeavor to bring back the Palio. I have been using mine to cut every cigar that I have smoked since receiving the Palio from you guys. The cut has been great. My Palio keeps performing without fail.

If I can be of any service to Brother of the Leaf, L.L.C., please don't hesitate to ask. You all know where to find me.

Very Respectfully,

Bryan Phillips
Herfin Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote