Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2002, 07:40 AM   #1
MetsFan
Herf God

Tuesday night, I roasted coffee in the garage like I do every few days. I did a batch of Peru SHG Organic Chanchamayo that was part of a sampler from SweetMarias. Anyway, when my wife got home from work, she didn't complain about the stink in the garage like she normally does. I let her smell the beans I had done and she thought they smelled really good. Wow, I thought, this is a first. She's tolerated my roasting over the last month as it has detracted from my cigar smoking (which she hates).

Last night, after she got home, she asked me if I brewed the coffee I roasted on Tuesday. I told her I drank a pot and really liked it. I then asked her if she'd like me to put a pot on for her before I leave for work. She said that would be great.

This is the first time she's shown a significant interest in my coffee hobby. As I said, she hates my cigar hobby with a passion. But, if we can both enjoy the coffe, I'll be very happy.

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.
MetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote