Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2009, 01:18 AM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

clear liquor experimentation

Okay, flame away, I'm going all sissy new age on you. I've lately bought a buttload of airline bottles at $1 each. I'm not going to be turning into a vodka fiend, there just isn't much there, IMO. I have, however, worked out a decent martini like thing. a dribble of vermouth, a measure of absolut, a half measure each of Ketel 1 citron and saphire, and a single olive. Light on the gin, refined gin flavor, a smooth alcohol presence, touch of lemon, touch of vermouth fruitiness, and just the little salt from one olive.

Straight gin is too damned much, and cheap gin is barely preferable witch hazel. Vodka is boring in a martini. I like this blended compromise. Too bad they don't stay frozen cold in a glass outside in the 90's, with a 80% RH.

Anyone else routinely use a 1/3 or so mix of gin and vodka?

Last edited by Briandg; 07-26-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote