Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Old 03-20-2002, 08:40 AM   #1
MetsFan
Herf God

After discussing some favorite guitar players at a herf a few weeks back, a fellow CW'er bombs me with a couple of CDs from his favorite players. The first is Django Reinhardt. He's got a great sound. The second is Andres Segovia. The emotion he conveys in his sound is truely moving.

Help me TOJE-wan-Kenobi. You're my only hope.
MetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 09:24 AM   #2
Sancho Panza
Floridays
Herf God

Guitarzan, and his jungle band (Ray Stevens, I think)

William Faulkner, Intruder in the Dust 1948
Sancho Panza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 09:59 AM   #3
mannish
Herf God

that is two of the best guitar players EVER
Period. They both have interesting life stories. Django is the father of 'gypsy jazz'
and Segovia IS THE classical guitar. He sounds like an entire orchestra.

There has NEVER been two better guitarists or musicians. There has been equals but not better.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:50 PM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Wow. I don't know Reinhart's music, his name, but not the music. Segovia, I know!

"Somehow, strangely, the vice of men gets well represented and protected but their virtue has none to plead its cause--nor any charter of immunities and rights." Henry David Thoreau

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2002, 08:29 AM   #5
mannish
Herf God

Sweet and Lowdown the movie has many references to Django. The Buckingham Nicks (actually Lindsey B.) did a song on their only album an instruemntal called Django.

Django was in a fire and lost a couple fingers and still played circles around the rest of the world.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:03 PM   #6
Natgolfer
Club Member

Location: #14, 559 yard par 5, lying 1, right side of fairway, 242 yards out, taking a leak behind an oak tree
Craig Chaquico

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left"