Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2004, 11:57 AM   #1
PCaponi
Herf Cop
Herf Meister

Partagas Limited Edition Pyramid 2001

I've had several of these for about a year and a half and finally decided to try one. It's 5 1/2 inches long with a ring gauge of 52. It has a dark wrapper and very nice construction. The pre-cut taste hinted at a woody, earth flavored smoke. It was a good thing that I had a couple of to go with this because it was a disaster. Being a pyramid shape I was careful not to cut too much off of the end. From the beginning it refused to burn properly. Even though I had chopped a small bit off the end the smoke came billowing out. The ash was a very dark gray with hints of black through out. It burned sideways the entire time. Its' overall taste was not that impressive. There were hints of wood in it, but it was mainly flat. I tried to smoke it as slow as possible, but still wound up with a lot of heat in the final third.
Bassically, I was very disappointed. This cigar did not justify its price or what I have come to expect from Partagas