Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2004, 01:09 AM   #1
matt fury

Dupont lighter questions!

OK, so I just got a Ligne 2 via eBay yesterday, and I have a few questions..

1.) Refills. Does anybody know a secret to getting them cheap? The best price I've found so far is $35 per 10 pack. For those of you who use them regularly, do you find that you need to refill often? There's a guy on eBay that sells a screw-in adapter that lets you use regular butane...anybody have any experience or knowledge on this? Does it cause problems with seals or clogging?

2.) Flame adjustment. I have a "cigar buner" model, and when the gas is full and I turn the flame adjuster all the way up, I get two distinct flames shooting very high...is it normal for the flames to split when the adjustment is set high?

3.) Reliability and repairs. I bought a store demo model from a store that is afraid of persecution from S.T. Dupont, so they won't stamp the warranty card, nullifying my warranty. Through the course of regular use, is it probable for me to require repairs? Will the repairs be very expensive/hard to have done? Basically, am I missing out on a lot by not having a warranty?

4.) Cigar burner. Do you guys use regular or cigar burner models? Is the cigar burner necessary? If so, how expensive/hard is it to convert a cigarette model?

Is there anything else I should know? I regard this as a moderately hefty investment, and I want to make sure that I'm doing things right. TIA for any and all help!

MF
matt fury is offline   Reply With Quote