Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
Maccabee

IPCPR Cigar Fetiche by Gold Star Cigars

Fetiche by Gold Star Cigars
From the site: "A medium cigar with a selection of the finest tobaccos from Nicaragua wrapped in grade 3 and grade 4 naturally medium dark brown wrapper from Ecuador, contribute to an excellent sweetness in the flavor from beginning to end. "

The size I had was a Gordito ( 4 x 58)
Construction: 3
Burn: 3
Draw: 5
Aroma: 3
Flavor 10
Taste/Aftertaste: 9
Total: 33
(I would give it a couple bonus points as I really enjoyed the flavor)

The appearance of this rather large smoke was good with the one exception that the leaf looked as if it wanted to come undone at one part of the cigar. I can only describe it as the leaf looked raised a little. other than that it was perfect. It was well hydrated, cut and lit easily; it was a good brown/dark brown color.
The pre-light flavor was sweet and flowers came to mind, and the draw was easy.
As I smoked it, the sweetness continued, but through the the smoke I also got nuts, cocoa, cedar, and, at the end, leather.
I consider this to be full bodied, but mild/medium strength, which is not a bad thing. I got a good taste of the flavor each time, and the retro was very nice, no harshness or burn.
The burn was mostly good, only i found that I had to draw a few times to get the smoke going. It did not go out, but I got the impression it wanted to. I also had to make a few touch ups, but nothing major.

It lost points for the above reasons. construction, burn, aroma (only because it did not give off much smoke to have an aroma), and the after taste was tad bitter, also. I prefer some spice to my cigars.
It's a good cigar,I would smoke it again, especially in a smaller gauge. I enjoyed the sweetness mixed with nuts and cedar. A fine cigar.
I think that's all the points, I usually follow a different guide so trying to transition it over to the CW one.

If I left anything out please remind me.

Last edited by TommyBB; 08-10-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Maccabee is offline   Reply With Quote