Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2005, 04:00 PM   #1
Dylan
Starting Member

Travel Humidors?

Well let me give you some background info on me right quick. I'm 16, and have been interested in cigars for a few years. It started back in about 8th grade when I just enjoyed smoking in general, so I would have an occassional Swisher (hardcore, huh?) with my typical cigs (yuck, I realize they are nasty now). Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Three friends and myself went to the local cigar shop, since one of them is 18 and they had been there before. We all smoked up and had a joyous time. After being there a few times within the last few weeks, I want to continue cigar smoking. I would like to get a humidor to store some of my favorites in for when the shop is closed, or I don't feel like driving 30 minutes to pick one up. Here's the snag: I don't think my mom would be over joyed with me smoking cigars and letting me have a humidor in my room and displayed and whatnot, so my dad and I were talking and it seems as if a travel humidor that I can keep in my car will be the best bet. I plan on getting a smaller one, with a 15 cigar capacity max, and I probably won't fill that up anytime soon.

So, now that I've gotten you bored to death, does this seem like a good idea? The cigars wouldn't been in there long, seeing as how I will probably smoke maybe 1 everyday or everyother day. And, do you guys have any personal favorite travel humidors? Thanks in advance.
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote