Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #1
tonycsmoke
Club Member

House Brands: Ecuadorian Habano

Info on house brands
Old 02-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Famous Nicaraguan 3000

Famous N3K

Website Description:
For the money, one of the best-tasting Nicaraguan cigars ever produced - boxed or bundled! Handmade by one of Nicaragua's top tabacaleras, Famous Nicaraguan Selection 3000 cigars present a full-bodied and smooth-smoking cigar blended with diverse Nicaraguan tobaccos pressed inside dark, mouthwatering Ecuadorian Habano wrappers. The flavor is spicy, earthy, complex, and not overpowering. Plus, these cigars are NOT seconds. Hard to believe when you look at the price, but one taste will convince you.

Factory: Unknown (I've read rumors that these either are or used to be a Oliva product. However I don't think this is true.)

Bundles of 20

I'm not a fan of box pressed cigars. However, ultimately its the taste of the cigar that you either enjoy or not. I really enjoy these cigars. You could put on a fancy wrapper, throw them in a wood box and charge several times the current price. The Ecuadorian Habano wrapper is going on more and more cigars and for good reason. Its like its cousin the EC Connie wrapper produces a very nice taste. For me is, this an excellent buy at the at the Famous site and even a better deal on auction.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Artisan Honduran Habano

Website Description: Artisan Honduran Churchill Habano Natural cigars are handmade in Honduras by the Plasencia family, legendary tobacco farmers and cigar makers in their own rite. Three blends are available. The Connecticut's wrapper hails from Ecuador and cloaks a blend of Nicaraguan and Honduran tobaccos. The Nicaraguan Habano wrapper blend conceals Nicaraguan, Honduran, and Mexican tobaccos. Under the Mexican-grown Maduro are Honduran Nicaraguan, Mexican, and Costa Rican tobaccos. Each is entirely unique and delicious unto itself. Try 'em all

Boxes of 20

Factory: Plasencia

Artisan is a Famous House Brand. This particular cigar has an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper. What seperates this cigar is the Mexican filler. Measured in the right amounts, Mexican Tobacco adds great flavor without increasing the strength of the cigar. Very good cigar and a steal on auction.

Edit - these are discontinued and no longer available.

Last edited by tonycsmoke; 02-25-2014 at 09:40 AM. Reason: No longer available
tonycsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Don Barreto

Website Description: Don Barreto cigars were recently re-blended by Oliva! A well-aged recipe of Nicaraguan longfiller and binder tobaccos are draped in absolutely gorgeous Ecuadorian Habano wrappers. This version is even better than the original, offering a smooth smoke with deep, bold tobacco flavors in a medium to full body and some slight spice notes. As with all Oliva cigars, they are a tremendous value, and well-suited for an every day cigar. Pick up a box today and discover these tasty Nicaraguan treats.

Boxes of 20

Factory: Oliva

I should love this cigar. I'm a huge fan of Oliva. I'm a huge fan of Ecuadorian Habano wrapper. Yet I don't love this cigar. What I will say is this. There are bad cigars that nearly everyone agrees is bad. This cigar is not one of them. I'm sure many would consider this a very good cigar, taste is subjective.

These have been discontinued

Last edited by tonycsmoke; 02-25-2014 at 09:40 AM. Reason: discontinued
tonycsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #5
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Thanks for the reviews and information. I'm tempted to try the Famous N3K. Do you have a link?

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
Thanks for the reviews and information. I'm tempted to try the Famous N3K. Do you have a link?

I buy alot of Famous house brands. Good stuff. Here's the link:

www.famous-smoke.com
Old 02-25-2014, 03:35 AM   #7
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post
Famous N3K

Website Description:
For the money, one of the best-tasting Nicaraguan cigars ever produced - boxed or bundled! Handmade by one of Nicaragua's top tabacaleras, Famous Nicaraguan Selection 3000 cigars present a full-bodied and smooth-smoking cigar blended with diverse Nicaraguan tobaccos pressed inside dark, mouthwatering Ecuadorian Habano wrappers. The flavor is spicy, earthy, complex, and not overpowering. Plus, these cigars are NOT seconds. Hard to believe when you look at the price, but one taste will convince you.

Factory: Unknown (I've read rumors that these either are or used to be a Oliva product. However I don't think this is true.)

Bundles of 20

I'm not a fan of box pressed cigars. However, ultimately its the taste of the cigar that you either enjoy or not. I really enjoy these cigars. You could put on a fancy wrapper, throw them in a wood box and charge several times the current price. The Ecuadorian Habano wrapper is going on more and more cigars and for good reason. Its like its cousin the EC Connie wrapper produces a very nice taste. For me is, this an excellent buy at the at the Famous site and even a better deal on auction.
Interesting conversation going on over at Herfer's Paradise on these. These are in fact made by Oliva and the blend has never changed (except for the tobacco over the years).
Old 02-25-2014, 07:25 AM   #8
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I like these threads.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #9
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
I like these threads.
I did a couple of them - I wanted others to add to them. I wanted to to be a good reference for the budget conscience cigar smoker.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #10
spiridon
Herf God

I recently ordered and received a bundle of the Nicaraguan 90+ Rated 2nds form CI. The flavor is fine, but the size isn't my favorite.......not what I would consider a "corona". They are a 38 ring gauge and box pressed. I think these showed up as an Oliva product, like I said, they have good flavor, was just a little surprised at the size. They DO make a point telling you that the sizes vary, so I can't really fault them for that. I'm wanting to try the Alec Bradley 90+ 2nds from CI.....anyone tried these?